Sat, Sep 30|
Journey of Meditation
SSY 300 HR Advance Holistic Yoga Studies To Register: https://www.okracharlotte.com/workshops/
Time & Location
Sep 30, 8:00 AM – Oct 01, 5:00 PM
Okra Charlotte, 1912 Commonwealth Ave, Charlotte, NC 28205, USA
About the event
This training is for everyone - yoga teachers, massage therapists, health care workers, educators, and anyone with a desire to evolve and welcome peace, ease, and joy into everyday life.
The goal of meditation is to go beyond the mind and experience our essential nature—which is peace, happiness, and bliss. Ananda.
Meditation is awakening the truth of our nature. Meditation is a time to witness and explore your being, a practice for resting and rejuvenating the mind, watching the thoughts without judgment. Meditation is a way of getting to know your soul.
During meditation, thoughts come and go, be at peace, do not stop the thoughts or judge, just observe and witness them.
“This body we witness therefore this body we are not. This mind we witness therefore this mind we are not. We are the witness alone, the observer of this experience.” – Thich Nhat Hanh.
In meditation, the mind is relaxed and inwardly focused. When you meditate, you are fully awake and alert, but your mind is not focused on the external world or on the events taking place around you. Meditation welcomes an inner stillness to relax the mind. When the mind is relaxed meditation deepens and intuition heightens.
CURRICULUM LEVEL I
• A deep exploration into the practice of meditation • Develop a consistent, personal meditation practice • Overview of meditation varying traditions and methodologies • Understanding the connection between mindfulness and meditation
• Altar design and benefits • Yoga and pranayama for enhanced meditation • Basic neuroscience of meditation • Mindfulness-based stress reduction techniques
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE A thorough foundation in the practice of meditation Resources, handouts, and materials to support you 20 CEU hr Meditation Training Certificate
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A thorough foundation in the practice of meditation.
- Resources, handouts, and materials to support you.
- Small group work and peer support
- Continuing education credit for Yoga Instructors via Yoga Alliance and Massage Therapists via NCBTMB
- 50 CEU hr Meditation Teacher Training Certification
*Note: This is part of the 300 HR Advanced Holistic Yoga Studies, if you are a student of the full program you do not need to register for this event.*