Have you ever woke up and felt like did I even sleep?⠀
Have you ever felt like your mind just never shuts off at night so therefore you're not getting enough sleep. Are you facing the traumas of your life in your sleep and it's create's so much tension in your mind and body.
Sleep is so important and vital in helping our bodies and mind to simply shut down and recover. So when we are lacking sleep it causes our mind and body to experience so much tension and tightness which in turn can cause you to feel drained.
One thing that I have learned in the healing process is creating a schedule and doing things to help calm and quiet my mind and body. Now don't get me wrong it's okay to feel, it's okay and important to work through the trauma by allowing yourself to feel.
We can cause even more trauma to our minds and bodies by not allowing our mind and body to recover and heal. Also, when it seems as if we can't turn our mind off and it is overtaking our day, it's important to recognize it and work through it either through resting, journaling or movement.
Here are some quick tips to do first thing in the morning or even midday when you feel like you are carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders. ⠀
1. Take a deep breath ( Have you tap into your breath today?)⠀
2. Grab an oil or and fragrant scent and simply inhale the goodness of that scent. ⠀
3. Take a moment to simply sit (Tap into self) ask yourself? Where am I feeling tension? What am I constantly thinking about that is making me feel stressed? ⠀
4. Write it down. Whatever you feeling write it. It is something about writing things down that help create a release.⠀
5. Move your body (go for a walk, get up from your desk, stand up) When we have stagnate energy, moving the body helps to move that energy out of your body. ⠀
What others things do you do to help you release tension throughout your day? ⠀Comment below
Felicia (Founder/CEO SH Academy)